Friday, May 01, 2009

Thoughts for today...

I found this quote on a piece of paper in my room. I think it's Rob Bell...

"Because this is always about that...How do you cut through the clutter to know what you really want...or for me right now, why I really want it? How do I know my motivations to make sure that this isn't about that and that about something else still until I'm making decisions to please other people, or prevent loneliiness, or look good. And besides that, is it pleasing to God if I make decisions that are based on these motives? What motives are pleasing to the Lord? I want to love Him and serve Him...What does that mean in the context of my life? Can't I do that anywhere--while surrounded by anyone in anyplace doing anything? Or is there some specific road map I am missing?"
Scratch that...I don't think it's Rob Bell anymore...I think I wrote that...in response to Rob Bell maybe...Anyways...I'm glad I found it. Food for thought.

0 comments: