Sunday, May 10, 2009

Birthday suprise!

So when I got out to the trailer park on Thursday Mayra RAN out to my car screaming "STOP STOP...HAPPY BIRTHDAY" "How in the world did you know it's my birthday?" "NATE TOLD US IT WAS LAST WEEK...He said to make it special...I'll meet you at the shed" Then she took off. She showed up at the big shed with a lime soda that she bought me for my birthday, and then chelly showed up with this miniature cookie cake she made for me!!! I was so excited. Some of these girls have had hard shells to crack, and for them to feel warm enough around me to buy me a coke and make me a cake made my birthday better than I could have imagined it. The Lord sustains me...and on my birthday it was through these precious kids!

This is the good stuff from the party. You can see my half eaten desert, lots of cupcakes and funfetti icing. The kids were HYPER!!!

Chelly started the icing fight that ensued after we made the cupcakes. Apparently I should have said "You can't smear icing on your friends face" but I don't anticipate these things very well. It turned out fun though...she started the fight, and amazingly got the least amount of icing on her.

This is the lovely Brenda...She went absolutely INSANE with the icing, but you've gotta love her anyways. It took her a while to warm up to me, but I think that this week, we were cool...FINALLY!

This is me with the girls at the end of the day. We had a great time decorating cupcakes, eating them, having icing wars, and playing kickball with some questionable rules! I'm so thankful for these kids! I'm gonna miss them so much!

0 comments: