Monday, June 01, 2009

Induction #1

I have arrived...I'm finally here in Nashville, but don't worry...not for good...that would be WAY too easy. Just until Thursday.

Here are the facts.

8 roommates (or maybe 6, there is still the potential for 2 more 1 more to show up)
The nicest dorm room EVER
Cool girls from everywhere (Ohio, Milwaukee, New Orleans, etc)
lots of work to keep me busy till Thursday

I went to the new school....I need to come up with a name to call it on the blog...suggestions welcome.

School facts:

I'm the new 9th grade cheer coach (WHAT?!?!??! ...I know)

There's not a 9th grade squad yet, so tryouts will be at the beginning of the year (there is a whole new post awaiting my thoughts on this whole thing)

My classroom is nice....it's a good size, and seems very functional, only time will tell. BUT, all the classrooms come with a closet you share with another teacher, and apparently I share a closet with Mr. "really good to look at, young, attractive, baseball coach." Now my tract record with baseball coaches isn't great...but he'll be easy on the eyes anyways. :)

I'll only have regular Algebra...which means I only have to plan for one class...which is great.

I get $400 to spend at the beginning of the year (those of you who realize this is nothing...don't spoil my excitement about having money to spend on my class)

I'm sure there are a million more facts that she told me today, but this is all I can remember in my state of exhausted delirium. Probably won't be much sleep tonight either, as I anticipate tonight this week working very much like the first week in the dorm...lots of staying up late to get to know each other.

I'll keep you posted! :)

6 comments:

Rachel said...

This makes me excited! I can only imagine some of the things you're going to experience and blog about. I can't wait. I hope your week is great there! Cheer coach?!? Baseball Coach...That's just what you need? He interested in the peace corps? Oh the possibilities...

O-Town said...

I don't know...he could coach soccer in Bolivia? I'll have to see how his soccer skills are. I don't think baseball is that important in the rest of the world. :)

Shame on you for skipping church Sunday. Tsk tsk! :)

Lauri said...

Get it cheerleading coach!

Sarah Frances said...

O Olivia! I can't wait to read your blogs from the upcoming year! You are going to be awesome! And I can so see you as a cheerleading coach! You have enough energy to do it girl!!

amanda h. said...

hey, olivia! i'm not sure how i got to your blog (facebook? someone else's blog??) but i saw the picture of you and cassie at the top and knew it was you. so you will be teaching high school next year? don't worry i don't think $400 is meager at all... we only get $100 :( i think i could see you doing the cheerleading thang, you've got the energy for sure!

--amanda (gauntt) hebert

a said...

$400 is awesome! I think we'll get...probably nothing. So...yeah. I coffee'd w/Cathleen today! Be jelly! We talked about you and made plans for a get together w/all of us! love you! Love the pix from the wedding! beautiful!!