Friday, June 12, 2009

Embarrassed

Dear Readers,

Let me tell you a story.

I'm a LOSER!!!!!! I'm so embarrassed. SO EMBARRASSED.

SO I have a teensy weensy little crush on this guy here @ institute. It's not a big deal, he has a girlfriend, he's not from my region, etc. So, nothing is gonna happen.

But he's a flirt...and it's fun...and in my defense, I didn't know he had a girlfriend until today. SO...

All that to say, I wanted a low key night tonight. I'm going to Birmingham for Kelly and Tyler's wedding in the morning, and it seems as though everyone's plans tonight involved intoxication. I do a few drinks, not intoxication. SO, I played volleyball after dinner, then hung out.

I couldn't sleep so I thought to myself.

"I'll just go do finalize my lesson plan for Monday, type up my assessments for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and do a lesson plan for Thursday"

That sounds like a lot, but the only part that was time consuming was the lesson plan for Thursday..ANYWAYS...This brings me to my point. I decided not to go out. A lot of people were going to see movies...I just couldn't sit through a movie. My schedule has been insane. I'm too tired. I would have paid $8.00 for a nap.

Long story short, I'm sitting in the computer lab all alone at 11:30 on Friday night...everyone else is out partying. I hear a familiar voice coming down the hall way...Oh it is my teensy weensy little crush friend, and his TFA best friend.

If I could have jumped in a hole I would have. I'm in my blue plaid P.J. shorts with a fleece on and zipped up...no make-up and my hair is in a wet messy bun on top of my head...and I have an Algebra 1 book in my lap...I scream NERD...I just needed some glasses and I'd fit the bill.

So He and his TFA best friend walk by

Whew! They didn't see me.

Then I hear "Hold up? Hold up...No way"

"What are you DOING in here?"

I respond with a rant of "it's not what it looks like, I'm not a loser, etc."

There's lots of laughing going on at this point. Then silence. Then the best friend laughs a walks out...actually they both walked out. Then Teensy Weensy Crush walks back in and goes, no seriously, what are you doing?

So I explained about how I'm going to Birmingham tomorrow, and was hanging around here, and wanting to get ahead...then he says:

"Were you just bored?"

OMG, I'm not that big of a loser, I had things I could have done...Help me.

Did I mention he is pretty hott. I mean seriously. The girlfriend isn't in the country right now, and I'm pretty sure she doesn't live in his region (I have no bases for thinking she doesn't live in his region) so basically they should break up so we can embark on a long-distance relationship.

I'm kidding.

Kind of.

Sincerely,

The lame girl @ institute

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You are too funny! Do you ever think he'd come across your blog?! That would be funnier :)

Can we come up with a name for him?

O-Town said...

rachel, with my luck, he'll definitely come across my blog. but surely not...SURELY NOT, and I've tried to come up with a name but haven't had any luck...any suggestions??