Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My favorite things....

Some would say I live my life in phases...some would say I commit temporarily, but overall am non commital. They would all be correct. My current temporary (but I think will be permenant) commitment is a new used, but new to me pair of sunglasses that N. found in his office and was going to chunk. I LOVE THEM. I've gotten some pretty nasty comments about them.
"olivia, those are so ugly."

"You're not actually going to WEAR those inside are you?"

"We're going out in public, leave those in the car."

When I ask people what they think, they almost always respond in the negative.

I'm holding my ground.

I like them.

Here I present Exibit A: The glasses

What? It's not love at first sight? It gets better. The little sides are grey and say LIONs and have a picture of a Lion...I'll admit it, I have NO IDEA who the LIONS are. I'm sure they are a sports team of some kind. I like the glasses...who cares who the LIONS are.

So this brings me to yesterday...I'm on my way to a little volleyball, when Joseph makes a comment about my glasses. Basically he just acknowledges them, or says nice glasses or something. So I immediately launch into a tirade about how I don't care what people think, they're beautiful, etc. etc.

To which Joseph responds "No seriously...I love them...they're great"

When i told them where I got them he thought they were even greater.

They got great reviews on the sand court.

And when I didn't have them on today, someone asked where they were.

Which brings me to Exhibit B:Me wearing them in public @ Court's bachelorette dinner!


So all you haters...back off. They look good. I'm just sayin'

1 comments:

Sarah Frances said...

They aren't that bad looking! I mean I've seen a whole lot worse!