Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Procrastination Nation

I just saw where I've posted 41 times...that is super impressive to me. If I were a betting person, I would have bet against my keeping this up. I'm not great...but I like it.

Just a little break-down on Institute so far, for those of you who care.

1.) Our school got broken into. I know right, welcome to the inner city. We are broken up into CMA groups (corps member advising)...so my CMA group has/had a sweet room. This school is pretty cool, and has several mac labs. We came into school on Tuesday to find that the window was smashed in and all the macs were gone. CRAZY. For clarifications sake...these were mac DESKTOPS...I am very confused about how someone made out with approximately 4 labs FULL of DESKTOPS without getting caught. Who does that? How did no one notice? Where was the alarm system?...I'm amazed. Anyways...that threw the day off a little, but not too much.

2.) I've gotten to observe a few times and my students seem pretty cool. When I teach I'll be the only white person in the room...which I think is pretty cool...I like being a minority (hence my desire to live in Bo-Town/my new slang for Bolivia).

3.) Speaking of teaching that starts Monday. I'm up right now at 9:30. I'd much rather be asleep, but there are lessons to plan, and I spent way too much time farming on facebook. If you haven't started DON'T...It sucks you in and it is a huge, pointless, waste of time. Please note, I am not judging you. I'm obsessed...I'm so close to getting a house, that it is pretty much all I can think of. Anyways...Now it is 9:40, and I have moved on from farming and am now using blogging as my preferred method of procrastination. I think it is because I had coffee for dessert (I'm SUCH AN OLD LADY..Gah!)...Anyways, I know I won't be able to sleep for a while, so that is how I'm justifying it.


Wow, I just went on a tangent. For those of you still with me...I appreciate your dedication. Let me apologize in advanced for all of the boring TFA/teaching posts to come. Hopefully once I start teaching on Monday, there will be some good stories (or maybe not, uneventful could be good...just unlikely). More posts to come on my thoughts on the TFA training process!

Increase the Peace.

1 comments:

Lauri said...

Increase the Peace.
I like that Olivia! Wish I were getting to see you this weekend.