Thursday, April 02, 2009

Stalker part 2

If you had asked me a month ago where my favorite place at SIFAT was, I would have told you at the creek by old Aldea, or perhaps the top of the hill where the nature trail runs out. I might have said sitting on the rocks by the gris mill, or watching the sun set over the cow pasture.

NOT ANYMORE.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

You are looking at my new favorite place at SIFAT!

What is that you might ask? Well, it is exactly what you think it is...It's a closet. I actually have 2 favorite places. I like this one best because it has a lock on the door...The closet in N's office a pretty sweet place too - but it doesn't have the benefit of lights, or a lock.

This is where I hide from my stalker...on what is becoming a very regular basis. M has a corner office upstairs, so she can usually alert me when he's coming...if she's not around, I can smell him a mile away (he's smells like baby powder and old spice), or hear him whistling.

Today, I was hiding in N's closet. I heard him coming, so I sat tight. I heard him whistle his way into N's office...then nothing for 5 WHOLE MINUTES, at least. I think that all is clear. I start to walk out of the closet, when I realize he's probably still downstairs somewhere. There is this window to N's office from inside the closet, so I think to myself..."I'll just peak through the window and see direct route to the outside door then I'll run like the wind."

I stand up, walk over to the window, and peer out...only to see....

are you ready for this...

my STALKER by the window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He had to have been standing there for 5 minutes. He was just staring at N's filing cabinet.

My heart stopped. I'm amazed I didn't have a heart attack then and there.

I didn't know what to do...I didn't know if he'd seen me. I decided to wait it out, and about 5 minutes later he left. Then I waited another 5 minutes to make sure he wasn't in the hallway still.

That's 15 minutes in the closet.

I have a college degree and I spend about 15 minutes a day hiding from, or running from an 80-something year old man. What in the world.

I ran upstairs to M's office...we saw him walking around outside about 5 minutes later, then he came in the front door, so I darted downstairs to the office...

I just got the all clear page from M.

Hopefully this will be the only incident today!

*Oh and he told me he loved Katie last night, because she's my friend...She's thrilled!

1 comments:

Holly Ann said...

baby powder and old spice YES
look at you, blogging away!