Monday, April 20, 2009

to facebook or not to facebook?

So I've been off of facebook for the last 3 weeks or so. I realized I was spending way too much time on facebook when I needed to be studying for the Praxis, so I temporarily deactivated my facebook account. Now here's the shocker...I DON'T MISS IT!

I don't miss it at all. I mean, there are times when I want to check it, but not for any real reason...just to kill time. Test day is this Saturday (4 1/2 study days left...YIKES)...So the question now is...do I get back on or not?

I think my reasons for wanting to get back on are selfish. This weekend I heard someone talk about facebook as a prideful thing. I mean...let's get serious...most of us are not "keeping in touch" with others like we say we are. There are some that do, so I'm not criticizing...but for the most part, nothing is happening on facebook that can't happen through e-mail, or the good old fashion telephone.

Basically, I feel like we have this web page where we post things we want other people to see and know about us. It's mostly about us, and a little bit about other people.

Hmm....

So

Facebook or not? Anyone have any good arguments for either side of my dilemma?

1 comments:

Lauri said...

girl. I've been facebook free for some time. I don't have anything against it but if you want me to try to convince you to stay off it, I'll try!