Saturday, April 11, 2009

Really?

When I was in Dothan on Friday, a local radio personality said, at the end of his show, "Happy Good Friday y'all."

WHAT? Happy Good Friday? I mean what is happy about the day that Jesus was Crucified? Maybe he should have said "Happy day off of work to all of you with today off." I was amazed.

Friday night I went to the passion play at church. It's always a good production, but it's relatively the same every year, and at the end of the day, the monotony makes me numb to some of it. Not Friday. I don't know if it is because I feel like I'm getting to know the Lord better? Or if it is because the man playing Jesus is such an important person in my life, but I couldn't stop crying.

I kept thinking...

"If I were Jesus, and I DIED for a bunch of people, I'd probably feel bitter. BUT...I'd be really ticked when those same people decided not to trust me, or obey me."

It's a good thing I'm not Jesus.

Happy Easter (because it's a day to be happy about)!

0 comments: