Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Top 10

Top 10 reasons why a fire drill at 2:00 ticks me off.

1.) None of the kids have been to their locker yet, so they have a legitimate excuse for not doing homework (which by the way I NEVER assign, but of course did today)

2.) only half of my kids got the review sheet for my test tomorrow, so now I have to find a new time to give my test, which puts me even further behind.

3.) my room was left a mess because you can't stop a fire drill to put up white boards, markers and worksheets

4.) my cheerleaders get panicky and are late to practice because they can't find their way back INTO the building

5.) kids miss their buses because no one can find their way around the building

6.) it's ineffective because at 2 o'clock most teachers don't think it's a real fire drill, so they stay in their rooms with their classes until an administrator yells at them. in a real fire. they die.

7.) it makes me even more flustered after an already flustering class

8.) it interrupted my lecture about how my kids are going to be miserable, unproductive citizens for the rest of their life if they don't get their act together in my class.

9.) most teachers don't actually leave the building...they stand in the lobby talking about how stupid a fire drill at 2 o'clock is. again, in a real fire...dead. (except the old man, who just gets in his car and leaves...he breaks the rules, but he lives).

and

10.) it's messes up my schedule which really ticks me off...and the world revolves around me right?

NOTE TO SELF: When you become a principal don't EVER have a fire drill 5 minutes before the bell rings.

1 comments:

a said...

I agree 100%. It's just the truth. AND, you KNOW they (they being the administration, etc.) knew BEFORE 2pm. Like at least the entire day before. Help me. People who need to know about scheduled fire drills: teachers.