Saturday, August 29, 2009

Cheerleading Tryouts and Such

So I had to [edit...two, evidently I didn't have an english teacher] cheer leading sponsors in high school. At the time I loved one of them and could not stand the other. Now i appreciate them both...And I'm turning into the one I didn't like. Oops.



Let's rewind to last Thursday. I had a MANDATORY meeting for all girls interested in trying out for cheer leading. I announced this meeting for a FULL week to give the girls plenty of time to make plans to be there. WELL....like 8 girls showed up.



"Okay, I guess I only have 8 girls trying out"



Think again. 14 showed up the first day of clinic. WTHay! Seriously...so we had a talk about what mandatory meant, and I agreed to let them all tryout (Secretly hoping that two of the quit so I didn't have to cut only two girls).



Next mandatory thing. To attend all clinic meetings.



Tuesday...16 girls.



WHAT? "Okay, I can deal with this, now I can take 10 girls, and cut six" Good.



Next mandatory thing...All forms must be turned into me BEFORE practice on Wednesday.



Guess how many girls had turned in all of their stuff on Wednesday...How many were "technically" eligible to tryout on Wednesday?



No really...guess....



THREE....3....Uno, dos, Tres.


THREE girls where it as far as turning in all of their forms. Talk about frustrated.



And we were down to 10 at clinic on Wednesday



At tryouts Thursday I had 9 show up. Everyone else said it was too hard...



Except the girl who came by my room on Thursday morning...who'd never been to a meeting or a clinic day, and wanted to tryout.



SERIOUSLY...Think again.



So 9 tried out.


And this is what kills me...

THEY WERE NERVOUS THEY WEREN'T GOING TO MAKE IT.



Dear little baby girls,



Use your brains...There are only 9 or you

I have to take all of you



Geeze!



I'm nervous. This year is not off to a great start.



I've already had one teacher on me about a girl on my squad with an attitude.


This should be quite interesting.

0 comments: