Monday, March 23, 2009

My Life





















My humble abode the day it snowed. Actually Marie, Jarred and I live here. It's a duplex, so Jarred lives in the top part (it's his door you see) that is a one bedroom, and Marie and I live downstairs in the way less nice part of the house that is two bedrooms (the sidewalk goes to our door). It's not much...but it's beautiful in the snow. :)





















This is the beautiful field right outside the office. What you can't see is that the moon is full and rising over the field...the cows are quietly grazing, and their is a dove cooing overhead. Have I mentioned I love my life?























Meet the big fat cow that lives in the field above. Actually there are lots of cows, but I think this guy is the biggest. They like to get out of the fence...so lately when I drive by the fence and they are out in the road we have a staring contest...They look at my car intently (I'm always terrified they are going to ram me) and I stand my ground. Eventually I win and they run back in the fence. There are baby calfs on the way!




























We usually hike the groups the long way to the village...It's 2ish miles, and it really helps reinforce the idea that you are getting away. We cross the creek...and while it isn't that long...the rocks are slippery and it requires decent balance. The other day this girl shows up with a ROLLING SUITCASE big enough to live out of for 3 weeks...she was only here one night. It was quite the sight to see that girl cross the creek with that big suitcase!























This is me prodding the fire with some of the kids from one of our groups...
Objective: Make dinner
Materials Given: 1 coffee can, 1 bag uncooked rice, 2 raw chicken breasts, 1 bag of red beans




























Finished Product: A delicious meal of rice and beans with a little chicken mixed in. Congratulations 8th graders on your culinary skills...(really congratulations to the boy scout in the group who told the rest of the kids what to do).

And finally I'll leave you with....



My feet after a muddy night in the slums...So I where chaco's with my socks. Back off.

0 comments: