Friday, March 13, 2009

Expert Decision Maker...

This time last week my prayer was "Lord, I don't want to have to make a decision. Just open the door you want me to walk through and shut the rest." The Lord has been really good at closing doors in my life lately...Closing them, slamming them, dead bolting them when I continually try to open them...Basically He's been protecting me from myself. I wanted this to happen again.

I realized on Tuesday that maybe the prayer I was praying was faulty. Maybe there are lessons to be learned in decision making. Maybe I've learned (at least for now) how to accept NO as an answer...and now I need to learn to be a big girl and make decisions.

SO....in less than 24 hours I was offered 2 incredible jobs. One is safe, the other is adventurous...One is fun, the other has the potential to be boring after a while...One is my heart, the other is a job.

In the end I chose my heart...I'm still battling with the decision (even though it's made and I'm committed)...but I feel peace.

DRUM ROLL PLEASE........

I'll be teaching with TEACH FOR AMERICA in Nashville, TN beginning in August!

My initial offer was high school biology...today I found out that I can choose to do math instead, due to the increasing need for math teachers in Nashville.

Another decision. :( But I'm learning.

So....I don't know when I'll leave SIFAT...probably in May sometime. I have to report to Nashville on June 1st. Then I will spend 5 weeks training in Atlanta.

Pray that I will continue to feel good about my decision, that I pass all necessary tests for certification, that my transitional funding will go through (because I am going to have to stop eating if it doesn't) :), and that I don't miss the time I have left at SIFAT because I'm looking forward to the future!

1 comments:

Sarah Frances said...

Yay Olivia!!! Im so excited for you!!!! Im glad you came to a decision too!!!! Love you!!!