Monday, March 09, 2009

Cucumbers, Kale and Potatoes



How did you all spend your day? Because I spent mine outside in the GORGEOUS weather building tresses for cucumbers to grow on, picking Kale and planting potatoes!

I got to the office a little frustrated because n. wasn't here on time and I didn't have anything to do...but again in my life...if I'll just be patient things usually turn out better than I could have planned.

I headed out to the garden to help j. (the gardener) and had a FANTASTIC time. I learned so much. I can build you things to grow your cucumbers on (out of wire and twine), I can pick your Kale AND cook it (too bad I don't have the stuff for the soup) and I can now plant potatoes.

We planted potatoes behind the Bolivia house (because potatoes are a staple food in the high Andes)...and it was my favorite part of the day. If I ever have a yard I'm going to plant a potato garden...It's so easy...and they are a pretty low maintenance plant.

The garden will be my baby for as long as I stay at SIFAT....Stay tuned over the next few days to see how long that will be.... :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh... phones! can we talk tonight?
I love you

Go potatoes!