Monday, August 10, 2009

Feeling like a teacher

I am officially "in school." We started our in-service this morning, and the kids come on Friday. There is SO MUCH to be done between now and then. Hopefully I'll be able to breathe again sometime in October...@ least that's what I'm shooting for.

I spent some time @ school working and doing trainings last week, but I feel like it has only been today that I have started to feel like a "real" teacher. Don't confuse that with my feeling like a "real good" teacher, just a "real" one. I suppose time will tell.

Tomorrow I get the whole afternoon to just working in my room. Hopefully lots will get done.
I shopped for almost 3 hours tonight (mostly because I'm indecisive and don't know what I'm doing) and I spent $120.00. I about flipped out. I get $400.00 to spend, but still. I HATE SPENDING MONEY...Even other people's. It kills me and I feel guilty every time. Especially when I splurge and buy the $8.00 pens instead of the $1.00. But COME ON...sometimes you have to do what will keep you sane. And YES! cute pens will help keep me sane.

I had a great weekend @ home this past weekend. I'm learning that I really do love it there, and there are so many people from my past that I feel like I have a connection with (family & friends). It's hard to leave sometimes, but I'm thankful for the hard in that. It means things are good. And they haven't always been.

Off to get my beauty sleep. Somebody once told me that nobody likes an ugly teacher. :)

1 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm so excited ab you starting! Don't be nervous...You'll be a great teacher. I got a GOOD laugh out of the last sentence. You'll definitely be one of those good looking teachers for sure!