Friday, July 24, 2009

The Roomies...

L:

L is from outside of Boston. She talks a lot (I know, I know...I do to. She probably doesn't talk as much as me, I'm just not used to being around someone who compares). We'll get a long pretty well I think. She likes to bake (ME TOO!) She went to boarding school for High School. Most of you probably don't know this about me, but my dream in High School would have been to go to boarding school. Really Elementary and Middle school too. After I watched The Little Princess I was convinced I needed to go to boarding school. It was all very romantic. A year long slumber party with fancy dresses, servants and fireplaces in the room. All set in the European country side. Who could ask for more. :) She is pretty athletic, and played soccer @ Rhodes. I think we'll get along.

E:

E is from Kentucky and went to school @ the University of Kentucky. She is super close to her family and went home every weekend during institute, which is no small feet. She says "cute" and "precious" about everything. These are her adjectives of choice. That will probably get on my nerves, but otherwise I think we'll get along fine. She is very mothering and is more of a rule follower than Cassie. Thankfully I've had Cass in my life the past 5 years to help me ease into E. E is very mothering and super cautious. If we have to be somewhere that takes 15 minutes to get to, she leaves 45 minutes before we need to be there. Needless to say she and I probably won't carpool much. She's teaching 6th grade reading, but would probably be better suited for Kindergarten. Either way, she is adorable, and another good roommate.

A:

A is from Denver, Colorado, and went to the University of Colorado @ Boulder. She was last years Ms. Poland International. She is a dual American and Polish citizen. Her parents are Polish immigrants. She loves Jesus and it is evident in the way she lives her life. She's dating (and probably about to marry a guy) 9 years her senior, but from what I know about her this will be a good move. I think she and I will get along best. We seem much more alike in personality (which is hard for me to admit since she is the one I thought was most standoffish initially. She absolutely does not know how to cook, so hopefully we can teach her some of those skills before she gets married next summer. I'm looking forward to doing some church shopping with her, and getting to know her this next year. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, if you've been to my house you've seen, and if not you need to hurry and come....but she loves monkeys. She and L share a monkey bathroom, she has monkey plates, bowls and cups. Monkey place mats and a monkey welcome mat.

That's the roomie summary. Don't worry, they can't replace the TH girls. I'd trade them for all of you any day, but I think they'll be good substitutes until you all decide to move to Nashville.

1 comments:

Lauri said...

good to know you haven't forgotten us! love you