Monday, July 06, 2009

I love Jesus...

So, I was going to start this with a picture...but shutterfly is blocked @ school. Maybe I'll throw an old picture in at the end of this post.

I think when God does good things we should tell each other.

1st off, this weekend was crazy. Most of it was good...but maybe not when my sister punched my step mom in the face. We're still hoping she grows up one day, and hopefully it will happen before she wigs out and does something really stupid.

So...back to the good part.

Emily is crazy most of the time, so when we all went to lunch as a family, it was no surprise that she and my mom got into a fight (that doesn't sound like a good part, it's coming...i promise). At the end of the day, I ended up taking her to the gas station...to pick up her check...to the grocery store, and then home.

@ the grocery store, I just really felt like I should give her money. I NEVER GIVE HER MONEY.

1.) because I don't have the money &
2.) because I feel like she needs to take responsibility for her world.

So, I struggled with myself for a few minutes, and at the end of the day I just felt like I should give her $40. Actually, I spent $10 on her, then gave her $30.

Okay...that was Sunday afternoon...Go back with me to Sunday morning, or even 2 weeks ago. Mrs. T.J. told me she had a care package for me. Then Sunday morning, she told me to wait for her in the parking lot so she could give it to me. Well, I was running late to lunch, and I ended up texting her and telling her I'd swing by her house later.

Money is TIGHT right now. It just is until I start getting paid. So, after I gave Emily the money, I was kicking myself, wondering what in the world I was doing giving away money I didn't have.

I headed to the Griswold's. T.J. met me coming through the door with money in her hand. I started to refuse it, and she stopped me and said "listen to me. this is $40, and God has blessed us so we just want to turn around and bless you."

I started crying like a baby.

It was exactly what I'd spent on Emily. The money I didn't have, and I was legitimately worried about giving it away....and here I was getting it back.

The effect would have been totally different if she'd mailed it to me, or given it to me at church.

God's in the little things, even the timing.

0 comments: