Monday, July 06, 2009

Frustration...

Okay,

so...if you are homosexual or bi-sexual and are easily offended you might want to stop reading. I don't mean to offend, and I hope you could read it all and not be offended...just know that I am not writing this with the intention of offending, and if you are offended, I'd love to talk about it.

I'm finding that there is a double standard in the world. I am hearing all of this stuff about "tolerance" and "not offending" and the list goes on. Here's the deal. I'm not allowed to say how I really feel about homosexuality and bisexuality, because I would be "judging"...when really I'm not judging. PLEASE HERE ME SAY I AM NOT JUDGING. My conviction that a man was made to be with a woman does not have to mean that I am passing judgement on those who live differently. I do not presume to know how it feels...I do not presume to tell other people how they should or should not act (unless they belong to my particular religion, and then i feel as though i have a responsibility to call them out in love).

But can't I be allowed to disagree????? Can't I be allowed to say "I don't think that it is right?"

I am perfectly capable of saying that and still loving the person, and loving the person deeply. WHY DON'T PEOPLE GET THAT????????

I am finding that if i say "I don't agree with that lifestyle," or "I wouldn't want my 8 year old child exposed to that lifestyle," that I am suddenly this psycho, bible beating, christian. I'm okay with being that person, but I want people to understand that the love exists. I can be friends with you and not agree with your lifestyle.

BUT, Please let me believe that it is wrong...you are passing equal judgement when you assume I am judging with out getting to know me.

Get to know me. Let's talk about it. Let me disagree without you passing judgement on me.

*Diversity has obviously been the topic of conversation @ institute lately.

0 comments: