Wednesday, April 14, 2010

CRAZY

The post is not about the picture...

Although I should post about the picture...and the two other ones like it that tell the story.

I can't remember if this picture is staged or not...I think it might be...But this is pretty much what happened when Cassie tried to cook dinner for me and Rachel one time...

Okay.

Moving on.

I have this dress. It is navy and white stripes. Think sailor dress for a little girl. Make it a dress for a grown up girl...and that's what I'm wearing.

Last time I wore this dress to church my sweet sweet four year old friend Anna Kay said "I like your zebra dress" She's 4. And I think her comment makes her pretty smart. It is very dark navy, so it might appear black...contrasting with white. Just what she's been taught.

But today, my high school student came in and said..."Ms. S, your dress looks like a prison uniform" and another kid says "no way, it looks like a zebra," kid one wavers "yeah, it looks like that too...I just can't decide."

WHAT? Nautical...Not prison (although...I'll go with that one) but ZEBRA. This kid is not AK. AK is 4. This kid is at least 14. Geeze Louise.

Then another kid comes up to me (he is 14) and gives me a lecture about how I was old...and old people should never show their legs in public so at the very least I should be wearing leggings.

WTH? I'm old?????

Have I mentioned my kids are crazy.

I guess I need to go give them tickets (we now have a raffle for the millions of dollars of candy I bought yesterday. I sold out. I'm giving into bribery. It makes my life so much easier.

UPDATE:
A firefighter was in the building and walked past me and told the principal to tell me he had hott teachers and he liked my stripes...I told the Mr. C to tell him he could fight my fire fighter boyfriend. BUT, @ least someone appreciates my dress.

In other news Stephen and I are going to Huntsville on Thursday...you should all pray my driving for several hours doesn't completely scare him off! :)

0 comments: