Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chas...

Meet Chas.

Chas is our monkey friend who lives at the internado.

Our friend Francie runs a monkey refuge, but this little guy is TOO little to live on the refuge right now, so rachel and the kids are "monkeysitting" for a while until chas is big enough to be released into the wild.

I have a million pictures...He's my favorite subject.

These are my favorite...

Chas eating my left over lunch...He liked the bowl:



Chas in my bed. This is where he falls asleep most nights. Then I move him to his bed:

My favorite Chas picture. This was the first day I met him....and YES, that is his pacifier...he also has a toy car and a toy grenade:


Chas after a bath. He was quite annoyed with me...but he was REALLY dirty:



And this is the "real" chas. I met him in 2008 when I was interning in Ixiamas. He came with a group...He interned last summer at the internado...and his nickname was monkey. So naturally when the internado got a "real" monkey...they chose to call him chas! :)


P.S. I can't spell check here. It does it in Spanish...so forgive any mistakes

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chas (the monkey) is the cutest thing ever. Your pictures are great and I love feeling like I'm a part of your experience...even tho it doesn't come close to comparing.