Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bolivia

So - I probably won´t have pictures for a few weeks, but I think I can do pictures when I go to lapaz. Word on the street is they have wifi.

SO - here´s what´s going on

1. I got my suitcase today. That means I have more than 1 and a half outfits...and I can start using a normal amount of deodorant, facewash and toothpaste.

2. The kids are back. Until Saturday

3. I´m buildng a rabbit hutch. Better than the ferro cement tank from two years ago, but still hard.

4. I love having my own room this time.

5. We´ve had GREAT food so far. We start bolivian food today.

6. I´ve had good coffee. Which is just unheard of in ixiamas. Becky being here sure helps things.

7. I´m having to do internet way more than I like.

8. WE HAVE A MONKEY! Named Chas. I love him.

9. We have kittens. I might bring one back.

10. I´ll try to post every once in a while.

Check back for i´m sure interesting stories about how I´m completely incompetent.....

Oh, in sad news, one of my favorite kids got kicked out of the internado. I´m going to go look for her in town to talk to her.

In happy news I found out Zoraida...my chicitita peligrosa...(dangerous little girl) still lives in town. Í´m going to stalk the elementary school to see her this week. We´ll see how that goes.

I´ll try to be a faithful for my 3 readers (thanks Rachel, SFL, Holli, A - MAYBE? and Cassie sometimes).

:)

3 comments:

a said...

I would like to say that I am a faithful follower! Love you!

Lauri said...

um. I'm sorry. You forgot about me. and I'm sad.

Evan Thomas said...

throw me in the group with Cass. The busted background on your blog deterred me for a while, but it is fixed... and now I'm back :) Glad you made it there safely! Excited to read more details as they become available here on your blog.