Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Year's Resolutions...

To join E-Harmony? (If your last name starts with a "G", ignore that)

I didn't make New Year's Resolutions. I am so very very far from perfect, but I really like the way my life is going right now. Sure I could stand to eat better, excercise more, read more regularly, but a resolution isn't really going to make those things happen. So. I think this is a really cool place.

Contentment most of the time.

However, in light of the New Year, and my being unprepared the first few days of school, I had my kids write Resolutions. Here's what I got...

The blue is their resolutions. The purple is my commentary.

  • My New Years resolution is to never let anybody get the best of me! No matter what they do or say, I'm going to always keep a smile on my face! I also won't fall for any stupid boy that don't have nothing going for them! :) (That's my cheerleader...not that she's kept these so far...but she's thinking good things).
  • To Love ever body like a friend. And be an my grown man.
  • To work on my attitude, keep up good grades, good behavior. My attitude will be positive. I will do what I'm suppose to do when I'm asked to. I will be good in class. No backtalking when a teacher accuses me of talking. (Bless her heart, she cussed me out and walked out of my classroom today...New Year's Resolution DOWN THE DRAIN).
  • To do all my work in Ms. Singleton's class (YES...My favorite)
  • Ha! I can't think of mine, cause I can't remember becuase I'm too sleepy. I think I don't have any. But I have one someone gave my idea. Try to sleep more. I will accomplish this by not caring about anything and sleeping until Febuary, so I can do my filming. Sleep is awesome. (I have no words for this one).
  • This one makes me cry. My resolution for this year is to be better than 2009. Ima try to do good in school. Stop the gang life. Stop doin drugs. Because I know the gang life and drugs aint taking me nowhere. Its jourt making me a failure in life. I'm really trying hard to stop all the bad stuff I have done. I finally realized that I want to be successful in life. And I hope 2010 I can be a better person. What do you say to that. I'm proud of him.
  • I will do all of my work and turn it in on time & try my hardest. (He's slept EVERYDAY in my class since writing this).
  • Note: This kid used to look like a sheepdog. My new years resolution is to let people see my eyes. It will be easy. All I have to do is cut my bangs before they get too long. Sometimes people won't be able to see them, but that shouldn't last too long, cause I'll cut it as soon as I can. I'm sure his mom is thankful. I know I am
  • My other favorite. Not disrupting your class, not talking and persuading people to not talk to me. and to Focus on my school work. not throwing things or talking out of turn.
  • Live...I don't know how to do that one just yet. WHAT??
  • I don't have one. That's my boy!

My personal Favorite

  • To do what I never did, to get what I never had. The life is good but you must know it. Try, Try, Try and Never, Never, Never give up.

0 comments: