Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ex - Cheerleaders...

Goodness. It's been an eventful few days since Friday.

You know how I used to be the 9th grade cheerleading coach? Well I guess technically I still am. Are you considered a coach still if you no longer have a squad.

Corecto my friends...I kicked them all off on Friday night.

The short end of it is that they don't like to cheer, constantly tell me "No we will not cheer at halftime," and show up late to everything (ball games, practice, the end of half time, etc). SO...Friday night...they were actually doing so good. I was going to have this whole post about how they cheered at half time and were AMAZING.

Then 3rd quarter of the boys game...it all fell apart. They refused to cheer several times...ignored my phone calls...rolled their eyes...and, when i finally made it clear "Cheer or pack up," they hid from me. Hid under the bleachers...then they ran from me. RAN FROM ME. In front of a gym full of people.

Then I told them to pack up and return their uniforms.

I was angry. But I worked with amazing people. They've all been so encouraging.

My favorite part...

The girls came to school ready to cheer on Monday (yeah right), and begged me to change my mind. They told me they didn't know why they got kicked off.

When I asked what they thought...

There response...

"Ms. S, you probably think we were disrespectful to you. But we the ones being disrespected. We are SOOOO not appreciated...and we don't appreciate that.'

It took all I could not to laugh at the sweet babies.

Life's gonna be rough for them.

0 comments: