Monday, November 09, 2009

OMG!

We had a WATERFALL at school today...

No, seriously.

I was out of class for training all day, so as I was coming around the corner from my break, headed back to my class, I heard what sounded like a waterfall.

My thought process...

"Wow, that sounds like a waterfall...no way, 1 - i'm on the bottom floor, 2 - i'm inside...must be the air conditioner, i hope this doesn't mean it's going to break again...."

"HOLY COW!!! There IS a waterfall"

Y'all...a pipe broke in the ceiling and it was FLOODING, not trickling, but a SOLID sheet of water coming in the hallway. There were principals, janitors, coaches and secretaries frantically "sweeping" water out into the court yard in an attempt to keep it from getting to a copy machine or drink machine. I have NEVER seen anything like it.

Everyone stayed in 2nd period for over 2 hours, and NO ONE could leave. There was no water in the building. We took an early lunch break so we could go somewhere with water to use the bathroom.

I'm SO thankful I had PD today. Geeze.

Strange as it is though...these are reasons I love my job.

I realized today that I love it.

At least I love it today.

It's a start!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So, are you having cheerleading practice today? :) Hope you took pics of the indoor waterfall. Glad to hear you love your job! I know you are a great teacher, and I'm sure you are touching many lives!

Julie said...

Well, I guess a pipe-burst waterfall definitely keeps things interesting! I am glad you're liking your job...today. That is really what it is about, just one day at a time.

P.S. I am glad you're blogging!

O-Town said...

KATHRYN!!! But actually. Yes, today is the day that my freedom from cheering ends.