Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Time Flies

HOW have I not written since November 10th...Why as I write this is February 10th only a couple of weeks away...Why has it been almost 3 months since I've written???

I have no answers, and as I'm the only one reading this anymore...My apologies are only to myself. If you are still hanging around hoping I'll be a regular blogger...I appreciate the faith. But it is sorely misplaced.

A lot has changed since November 10th and for that I am most thankful. Being most thankful for the changes since then is a totally new thing in my life.

I just want to leave you me with a quote that I like.

I don't remember where I got it, so my apologies to the author -

We can believe that God alone is our security and love is always worth the risk and there is no better investement than reaching out to someone and locking arms and unlocking your heart. No better investement than finding the time for friendship and courage to be real and the humiliy to say we are sorry. And distrust can cost us the very richest life of all and the price for being safe can be too expensive and friendship is the only thing that will show up at our funeral.

I'm not good at making friends. I can admit that. I don't like to let people in. It is much safer in this box I've built.

Don't misunderstand...I love to pour into the people I am accidentally friends with, or people who I am convinced love me whole heartedly and unconditionally. I feel the same about them. But strangers are scary.

So I'm trying to love this quote...and live this quote as I search out community in Nashville.

I have joined a community group, and unlike last time I started I bible study, I am committing to be committed. To open my heart to the girls around me and make a true attemp at honesty and vulnerability. And love.

0 comments: